So what is the ARP denomination and what makes us different
When attending an Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church, there are several things you can count on, no matter the location.
We share in common these five priorities:
- The Bible is God's Word, and is the only rule for what we believe, and also how we live.
- Faith is the gift of God, the sole requirement for salvation.
- Christ is the Savior, whose death on the cross is our eternal hope.
- God's grace sent His Son to be our Savior, and nothing within us could earn this hope.
- We aspire to live for God's glory alone.
"Reformed theology is rooted in the soil of the Protestant Reformation when the Reformers protested the corrupt teaching of the Roman Catholic Church, so today evangelicalism itself is in need of modern reformation... It is nothing more than biblical Christianity." - R.C. Sproul
Reformed theology centers around The Five Solas:
- Sola Scriptura: The Scripture Alone is the Standard.
- Soli Deo Gloria: For the Glory of God Alone.
- Solo Christo: By Christ's Work Alone, Are We Saved.
- Sola Gratia: Salvation by Grace Alone.
- Sola Fide: Justification by Faith Alone.
We are one of the oldest and most conservative reformed churches in the United States finding our beginnings in the 1700s, yet we tailor our style, or worship (music, dress, building, etc.) to the needs of the community. We aspire to reflect the makeup of the community and deeply love being a place where every people and tongue can grow in the gospel.
The ARP church is elder led by a group of men called the "Session", where the senior pastor is the "Teacher Elder" on the Session.
Want to know more? Visit the ARP website!